Not everyone believes in resolutions and some would say they are detrimental because they set us up for disappointment when they don’t last. But I love any time of year that makes us stop to look at ourselves and make conscious choices about where we want to go. As I look back on 2012 and see how much I’ve experienced and learned, I am grateful for all the amazing things that transpired and came my way. I now look ahead with hope, optimism, and intent on growing and enjoying life even more.
Some of my new year’s resolutions are:
1. Practice Patience. This is a big one for me. It seems to be the area where all my lessons originate. Whether it’s an injury that won’t leave my body quickly enough, planting seeds and waiting for them to sprout, or the elusive search for my ideal job. I am always being taught to “Wait and be Patient….”
2. Explore new foods: Hemp seeds, acai berries, cacao powder, macha tea, and more local, seasonal foods. I keep meaning to try all these amazing foods I learn about so this year I will experiment more with new foods.
3. Smile more. For no reason.
4. Invest in myself. This is also a big lesson for me. I sometimes overly tighten my budget and do without things I really want or need in the name of “saving for a rainy day”. Hoarding of any sort simply blocks the energy from flowing freely to come into our lives. It also promotes fear which is a huge block to ALL good stuff coming our way.
5. Get rid of things I no longer use. I do this several times a year but every time I do it I am reminded how GREAT it feels to clear out stuff and create space. I don’t believe in holding on to things that no longer “feel good” in my life. Instead of stashing them in a hidden closet like I sometimes do, I will remove them permanently to create space for new and better things.
What are your hopes and intentions for yourself in 2013?